An informative webinar around COVID’s impact on Property Taxes for lodging properties in California
- Navigating the California Property Tax System
- Prop 13 and Prop 8 Appeals as a method towards obtaining property tax savings
- Calamity Assessment Appeals for potential savings - an unproven opportunity for relief
- Appraisal of Lodging Properties - Cost, Market and Income Approaches
- Other avenues for Property Tax Savings in California
- Direct Assessments
- Cap Ex vs. Deferred Maintenance
- Cost Seg for Property Taxes on New Construction
Members Free | Nonmembers $149.00
Mike Clark is the Director of West Coast Real Estate at Invoke Tax Partners, a national property tax consulting firm. Mike came to Invoke through its acquisition of Ad Valorem Tax, Inc. (AVTI) in 2020 where he has been an employee since 1987 and President and Principal since 1998. Mike is considered an expert in forming and implementing the strategy for legitimately minimizing the financial impact of California Proposition 13 re-assessments for his clients. He is also known for identifying and quantifying intangible value in assessment appeals for hospitality properties.
With more than 40 years of experience in the property tax field as an assessment official, a corporate property tax director with national responsibilities, and as a property tax consultant, Mike brings a unique perspective and body of work to client property tax issues. He began his career as a commercial appraiser in an Oregon county assessor’s office, and continued on to the private sector as a Property Tax Manager for a national restaurant chain, then as a Property Tax Director for Motel 6, both located in Southern California.