Being a member of the California Hotel & Lodging Association (CHLA) provides you with countless ways to save valuable time and money every single day. Thousands of hotel owners, general managers, franchisees, vendors and suppliers, and students – your colleagues and your competitors – are taking advantage of our terrific benefits to manage their properties and organizations more efficiently and profitably.
CHLA protects the rights and interests of the California lodging industry. Legislative advocacy, educational training, communication, and cost-saving programs are provided for all segments of the industry. We also support strategic alliances to promote the value of California travel and tourism.
We are the largest and most influential state lodging association in the world and the only California hospitality organization affiliated with the national American Hotel & Lodging Association, which helps members receive both state and national benefits. Support our industry, get great benefits with a membership in CHLA!
- Advocacy – CHLA protects the rights and interests of the California lodging industry at local, state and national levels. To learn more, visit the Advocacy page.
- Education – CHLA produces and participates in many types of events for the benefit of our members and the industry. Visit our Events page for information on upcoming conferences and webinars.
- Member Resources – For a complete list of member resources and member saving programs, visit our Member Benefits page.
- Publications – For a complete list of member publications, visit our Publications page.
- Lodging Property Membership – Hotels, motels, and resorts. Visit the Lodging Property Membership page for more information.
- Vendor Membership – Businesses providing goods and services to California’s lodging industry. Visit the Vendor Membership page to learn more.
- CABBI Membership – The California Association of Boutique & Breakfast Inns (CABBI) is the largest and most influential bed & breakfast and boutique inn association in the nation and is affiliated with the California Hotel & Lodging Association. Visit the CABBI Membership page or www.CABBI.com.
TID/TMD Group Membership – Membership designed specifically to provide services and benefits to accentuate any improvement district. Visit the TID/TMD Group Memberships page to learn more.
- Student Membership – CHLA Student Membership is available to those actively enrolled, part-time or full-time, in a two-year or four-year degree program specifically relating to hospitality, lodging or restaurant management. Visit the Student Membership page for more information.
- Educational Institution Membership – Educational Institution membership is open to secondary schools, colleges offering programs specifically related to hospitality, or lodging management, and includes access for three contacts, who will receive communications from the association. Visit the Educational Institution Membership page for details.
“As a member of CHLA, I find my membership to be an incredible benefit due to the political involvement they have at the state capitol in Sacramento. It is important to stay in touch with the political side of things and to be aware of what legislative issues are bubbling that can affect our industry. Additionally, my staff and I utilize CHLA’s education opportunities including trainings, seminars and webinars. With what is going on in today’s world I especially find the Security Conference vital for my staff’s development.”
– Michael Pace, General Manager, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco