CHLA routinely receives calls from various Destination Marketing Organizations who are looking for operational resources, or legislative and regulatory information for their lodging members. We initiated this group membership program designed for Tourism Improvement Districts to be able to fulfill that need and provide all our valuable member benefits and resources to properties within the TID. This program is a way to provide CHLA membership to all of your lodging properties at a reduced rate.
Some of the most recently added membership benefits include:
- Online Compliance training including the legally required sexual harassment training
- Cal/OSHA MIPP training tool kit
- ADA claims legal support program
- Human Trafficking awareness training & resources
- Discount programs on health care, workers’ comp, credit card processing & more
Members can also attend our conferences, seminars, and webinars on such topics as:
- What qualifies as a service animal
- What the current ADA requirements are
- Renting rooms to minors
- How and when to disclose a resort fee
- Revenue management
- Competing with OTA’s as an independent hotel
- How to gain guest loyalty and more
In addition to CHLA membership, there also are unique opportunities for B&Bs and boutique inns to join CABBI, the California Association of Boutique and Breakfast Inns. CABBI has a consumer website, gift certificate program, travel blog and consumer e-newsletter.
TID’s join CHLA so they can focus on their marketing programs, while CHLA supports their lodging programs by providing education, advocacy, and operational advice. Contact Sandra Oberle at CHLA for more information on this membership program and reduced membership rates available to groups at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-554-2662.
“At Rancho Cordova Travel & Tourism, through our group membership with CHLA we are grateful to be able to offer our entire lodging community membership CHLA benefits. Providing insights into the latest issues through newsletters and other publications, offering resources for hotel management, industry advocacy and offering access to legal guidance on critical industry matters, CHLA offers a wide array of benefits that positively impact our lodging partners.”