Exclusive Discounts and Solutions for CHLA Members Through Hospitality Alliance Program
Telemedicine | Mental Health/Substance Abuse/Suicide Prevention
Health Savings Account | Pharmacy Discount Cards
The California Hotel & Lodging Association (CHLA) is part of a strategic alliance program to help address the diverse needs of the hospitality industry. The Hospitality Associations Alliance, a strategic alliance platform created by UnitedHealth Group, offers exclusive discounts and solutions that benefit CHLA members and their employees.
UnitedHealthcare offers the following health care discounts for CHLA members:
- Up to a 5% discount on manual medical rates for fully insured groups with 101 or more full-time employees.
- An annual invoice credit of up to 5% on administrative fees for new self-funded medical products for self-funded groups with 100 or more full-time employees.
- Up to a 5% discount on specialty benefits (dental, vision, life, disability, accident and critical illness) for fully insured groups – in addition to all other discounts including bundling benefits programs.
- UnitedHealthcare Expands Access to Care, Support and Resources to Help People and Families Address COVID-19
HealthiestYou from Teladoc will be offered at a members-only negotiated price of $7 per employee per month ($7/mo includes employee + entire family) with $0 copays.
- Includes general medicine, mental health, dermatology, back pain and expert medical opinions.
- A great way for employees meet virtually with a health professional to determine if their symptoms require leaving the house to go to a crowded clinic, urgent care or ER where they can be infected or spread the virus.
- Virtual visits are offered through employers who may choose to cost share with their employees.
Free Access to Kaia’s Virtual Program to Help with your Back Pain
In these difficult times, we would like to offer individuals in the hospitality sector a free license to Kaia's back pain solution through July 1, 2020. Using your own phone, you can follow the exercise program wherever you are. Sign up now as there are only up to 1,000 free licenses available.
Active Minds – Resources to stay mentally healthy during this crisis time.
Access a free resources hub for help during the COVID-19 pandemic, including stress management, community building from a distance, and tips for remote workers.
Sanvello – #1 rated app for stress, anxiety and depression.
Go to the App Store to access premium features for free during the COVID-19 crisis. Includes guided meditation, learning modules, community discussion and daily tips.
PatientsLikeMe - The world's largest personalized health network helps people find new treatments, connect with others and take action to improve their outcomes.
Access a community for anyone concerned about symptoms and/or diagnosed with COVID-19, as well as anyone suffering from anxiety and depression, to come together and discuss coping mechanisms and support each other here.
Ben’s Friends – Hospitality-focused substance abuse support network.
Join a safe environment with others who understand the unique challenges experienced by people on the front lines in restaurants, hotels, and other hospitality industries. Click here to find a meeting near you or access telephonic meetings.
Crisis Text Line - In crisis? Text for immediate help anytime from anywhere.
Connect with a Crisis Coordinator within 25 seconds on average. Communicate until you feel safe. Text HELLO to 741741.
Substance Use Disorder Helpline - In crisis? Call for immediate help anytime from anywhere.
A person and/or a family member may talk with a licensed recovery advocate about their concerns and needs, get a referral to a professional who can develop a personalized treatment plan and access family support resources. Call 1-855-780-5955, or visit liveandworkwell.com/recovery.
Available to all eligible members with a qualifying high-deductible health plan regardless of insurance carrier, the Optum Bank HSA provides a tax-advantaged way for employees to pay for qualified medical expenses now and in the future.
- The Optum Bank HSA solution offers a 20% discount on the Monthly Maintenance Fee for members and their employees.
- Optum leverages holistic integrated health care and financial data to deliver various consumer engagement strategies that help drive savings.
- Administered through Optum Bank®, Member FDIC.
OptumPerks - Free Pharmacy Discount Card
- Saves employees and their families up to 75% (average savings of about 40%) on all FDA-approved prescription medications.
- Accepted at more than 62,000 pharmacies nationwide.
- Cards are pre-activated and easy to use - no registration required.
- No fees are associated with using this card.
- Administered through OptumPerks. This discount card program is not insurance.
- Some restrictions and exclusions apply. Discounts may vary by location and group size.
- Insurance coverage provided by or through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company, UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of Illinois, Inc. or their affiliates. Administrative services provided by United HealthCare Services, Inc. or their affiliates. Health Plan coverage provided by or through UHC of California DBA UnitedHealthcare of California.
- Health savings accounts (HSAs) are individual accounts offered by Optum Bank®, Member FDIC, and are subject to eligibility and restrictions, including but not limited to restrictions on distributions for qualified medical expenses set forth in section 213(d) of the Internal Revenue Code. State taxes may apply. Fees may reduce earnings on account. This communication is not intended as legal or tax advice. Please contact a competent legal or tax professional for personal advice on eligibility, tax treatment and restrictions. Federal and state laws and regulations are subject to change.